Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Loving and Sistering Women: A Rant

   So I've been wondering just how close and crucial writing, speaking, loving, and connecting with women in general is to my survival,
my clarity and overall feeling of safety,
identity building/discovery/creation,
the shaping of home, and in healing.
I mean it’s in those spaces and at those times (with women) that I feel the need
   want
      desire to place my innermost on the table - Whether it’s through tele-sound waves, on a pc screen, or through ink. 

   Loving and Sistering women, is what helps me to sit and make peace with myself and the wavering energies that flutter within and round'n about daily. It’s in these circles or between these one on ones that I reach out for safety and grip hold to something strong and binding on the other end. I take the creations,
    creativity,
       tears,
          shivers,
             sighs,
                exhales,
                    nods and yes ‘sums,
                        wavering hands,
                            the eyes/that look, 
                               the laxness and intensity back to school, back to the classroom,
   on my walks through Harlem, Philly, campus, wherever,
      my mother’s home 
         an aunt’s house 
            church
               the stoop
                  to meetings
                     the park 
                        the bus/charlie/trolley stop and subway
                           the cafe
                              lab 
                                museum 
                                  to eat there or sometimes here
                                     that store, or in that cab, with memories and the knowing that home, like minds and like love and vision is not is real is truth is not far away. I take my fillings of those meetings wherever I go so that I may not ever be caught without a weapon or defense or courage. And cause I know I'm not alone, I know my voice struggle fight lives in many.
There's a power, a revival that comes from those meetings moments and shared words that I think need to be
   to be
     to be
       to exist more freely, abundantly with more safety more rage and more love. With less competition 
   envy 
      negative energies of hurt 
         lies 
           and self-loathing. There is a need for some true community village family sisterring thinking knowing and doing. There is a need for the hate
and hate
   and hate that lives within us individually and as a collective persons to be understand holistically and rid from our bodies minds spirits families and communities. We've allowed them to break and tear us down for too long and the destruction and death and disappearance and suicide and killing has to come to an end before were all extinct and parish and fade into white...seeing as how we know, live and exist in the dark too well and for far too long. There needs to be more of a fight for visibility and fight for a loving and collective visible we. I want
  I want
    I want a lot and very little at the same time and am willing to put in the work. Am simply in need for the energizing of my loves my sisters to occur alongside my walk with a collective of tired minds bodies and spirits with me! My rant and continuous plea as I rest the days thoughts for some nighttime rest!

In Peace and With Much Love,

Ladi

1 comment:

Leora said...

I totally dig this Ladi!

"I take my fillings of those meetings wherever I go so that I may not ever be caught without a weapon or defense or courage. And cause I know I'm not alone, I know my voice struggle fight lives in many."

YES YES YES!!! Thank you for speaking this. I cannot tell you the truth that lives in that statement for me. Just, wow.

This is why this blog is so important. We need this community to sustain us and the work we do.

Love you girl! So blessed to call you my friend! So proud of the work you do!